Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Stripes

OK, I know I’ve done this same look before.  But my first drop leaf table, painted with multi-color stripes was received so well,  my thinking was “why reinvent the wheel?”. So I found myself with another small, drop leaf table, and also a corner desk.  Their lines were both screaming “stripes” to me.  So I gave in to my lack of creativity.

Photo Oct 24, 4 11 47 PM Photo Oct 24, 4 22 10 PM 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Red has also been a kick I’ve been on lately, so I spray painted the metal base and metal chairs of the table with a gloss red.  And while I was at it, I painted another metal chair from my stash glossy red to go with the desk. 

Photo Oct 24, 4 16 13 PM (1)

Photo Oct 24, 4 22 52 PM (1)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And to top it off, why not cover all the seats with burlap?  One of my favorite default fabrics to reach for.

So here’s how the sets turned out…

Photo Oct 24, 4 15 05 PM

Photo Oct 24, 4 21 10 PM

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’m pleased with the final result, but I am going to try to move on… leave the stripes alone for a while. 

Oh, and while I’m at it, here’s what these guys looked like in their previous lives: (Crap…no before shots of the desk)

Photo Oct 04, 10 05 29 AM (1)

Photo Oct 04, 10 04 59 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment