Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mission Accomplished

Photo Mar 06, 9 14 37 AM

I mentioned in a previous post here about the lovely, high quality buffet I picked up for half price at a local thrift store.  Well, I successfully sold the bench that was in my dining room, so I was able to move the buffet into its old spot, guilt free.



I had to get to work on it IMMEDIATELY because I couldn’t stand looking at this…

Photo Feb 26, 7 58 00 AM

The first thing it needed was to grow a few inches.  It felt way too low, and was sitting several inches below my chair rail.  So I picked up some five inch screw on legs and mounting brackets at Lowe’s.


After those were attached, I slapped on two coats of paint (no priming).  After a little sanding/distressing, I was happy with how it turned out!

Photo Mar 06, 9 14 57 AM

Photo Mar 06, 9 18 15 AM

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The blue is fairly bright, closer to the color below.  I wanted the buffet to resemble an old, primitive, Mexican antique.  I’m still debating on glazing it to bring the color down just a notch.

Photo Mar 06, 9 16 05 AM

Photo Mar 06, 9 14 04 AM

And while I had the paint can open, and the brush dirty, I painted this “work of art”. It’s actually a four paneled door I purchased for $5.  I took the hinges off and used a pattern I had been admiring here on Pinterest.

 

Ahh…now time to relax.  Until we pick up our little travel trailer this afternoon from storage…it’s not finished yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment