Monday, November 25, 2013

A New Chapter in Our Lives

1 ExteriorI CAN’T BELIEVE WE ACTUALLY DID IT!!

After bouncing around the idea for several years, Randy and I sold our house that our kids spent half their lives in.  We were tired of having rooms that we never used, not to mention the maintenance and heating/cooing expenses of a larger home.  Crying, tears, and  lots of emotions.  But we are bouncing back.

We purchased a 2300 square foot brick rancher built in 1966 that is in great need of W O R K…  But it has great bones and needs someone to love it again.  And I’m that sucker.

After 3-1/2 weeks living in the Homewood Suites, we moved in three days ago. Hello air mattresses. Phase I will be completed soon (just to make it habitable) and then Phase II will kick in.

Here’s a peek.  It’s my new fix.it.up project.  I’ll just pretend it’s like working on a piece of furniture…a very large piece of furniture.  

2013-07-22 18.54.42

2013-07-22 18.47.28I’ll post interior shots soon.  I’ve made a point of taking lots of “before” pictures so I can remember what it used to look like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment